Want to be the best? Learn from the best.
In the Executive Mentor Program, you and a small group of your fellow students will be matched up with a successful business executive from the New Orleans area. Your mentor will meet with your group a number of times during your entire freshman year, in settings as diverse as networking mixers on campus to informal meetings with your mentor's business associates at local restaurants.
What you can expect from your mentor
- To be introduced to different types of jobs / careers available to you as a business student
- To be taken on field trips to local businesses (Hornet's Nest, Entergy, Mardi Gras World, Second Line Stages, etc)
- To discuss a variety of topics, including time management, personal finance, goal setting, communication skills, and job market realities
- To network with the New Orleans business community so that you can find excellent internships, summer jobs, and post-graduation employment
For more information on the program, contact or visit the Portfolio Office (Miller Hall 206).
Executive Mentor Program Business Trips
- Babylon Cafe with actors Dean West and Michelle West
- B-97 FM studios with Jammer
- Fleurty Girl Boutique with owner Lauren Thom
- Mardi Gras World behind the scenes
- Henry Clay Wharf behind the scenes
- Meterologist Bob Breck at Fox 8 News
- Federated Sample with entrepreneur Patrick Comer
- FedEx behind the scenes
- Gallery Orange with owner Tracey Gielbert