Admissions and Covid-19 Faqs
COVID-19 has taken all of us on this unbelievable and unprecedented ride, and at the Loyola University New Orleans College of Business, we understand how your application process and plans may have been affected. We also realize that these circumstances have added stress and anxiety for us all. That’s why we want to make your application process for Loyola’s MBA program a little less complicated.
Please see below for FAQs and updates.
Is Loyola University New Orleans MBA program still accepting applications?
Yes. We are currently accepting applications for all programs: Part-time and Fast-Track On Campus MBA, Global MBA, Online MBA, and Dual Degree Programs.
I have questions regarding my MBA application, who should I contact to discuss my case?
Our enrollment specialists are available via email, phone, or Zoom meetings to discuss your questions. If you are an applicant for our on-campus part-time professional, full-time fast track, or global MBA programs, please contact us at 504.864.7953 or firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are an online MBA applicant, please contact us at 504.577.2855.
I can’t access official paper transcripts from my undergraduate degree. Can I still apply without these?
Yes. Due to limited office hours for universities during the COVID-19 crisis, we are asking applicants to obtain official electronic copies of your transcripts (if your university sends electronic official copies). If your school does not, we are reviewing applications with unofficial transcripts for a preliminary admissions decision. If you are accepted into any program with unofficial documents, you will need to provide official copies before you start taking classes.
My GMAT/GRE was cancelled and my testing center is not going to open in the foreseeable future. Can I still apply?
Yes. We understand it has been increasingly difficult to sit for the GMAT/GRE right now, so we are waiving this requirement for qualified applicants. If you are interested in a waiver, please complete the waiver request form here.
I was hoping to get my $50 application fee waived for attending an open house. Since those are cancelled on-campus, can I still obtain a waiver?
Yes. All application fees are waived for spring 2021 and fall 2021 terms.
Can I still visit campus for an MBA Open House or an MBA class visit?
Unfortunately, you can’t visit us in person, but we’re available for telephone or zoom one-on-one calls to discuss your application. Click here to schedule a meeting.
I'm looking for other ways to connect with the program. Where can I learn about my other options to meet/chat with admissions staff, faculty or students?
Visit our MBA Open Houses webpage to learn about the different ways to connect with us!
The application requirements listed below apply to the majority of our program tracks. If you have questions regarding requirement waivers from select programs, please contact us directly.
|Apply Now||Request Info|
- An application
- Current résumé
- An official GMAT score report from the Pearson VUE or an official GRE score from ETS. (In some instances, waivers may be considered.)
- Two recommendations, forms are provided in the online application packet
- Official transcripts showing all college work attempted: undergraduate, graduate, and professional (unofficial accepted temporarily)
- 400-word essay (statement of purpose) addressing the questions:
- How do you think an MBA will enhance your academic and/or professional background?
- What expectations do you hope to realize by earning an MBA at Loyola?
- What do you bring to the program?
- $50 application fee (waived)
- A third-party evaluation of academic records (transcripts) is required of all applicants who attended or completed their bachelor's and/or master's degree outside of the United States. Loyola University’s MBA program accepts evaluations from the following agencies: 1) World Education Services (WES) or 2) Educational Credential Evaluators (ECE). We require the course-by-course evaluation for both. More information on the transcript evaluation process and the evaluation application can be found at www.wes.org or www.ece.org
- Applicants must also provide an affidavit of support showing sufficient funds to finance their course of study and living expenses.
- Official TOEFL, IELTS or Duolingo English Test score report
Priority Application deadlines
- Fall: June 30 or May 15 for international students
- Spring: November 30 or October 15 for international students
Need an extension?
Admission is granted on a rolling basis. If you have trouble meeting an application deadline, contact the MBA Office at email@example.com or (504) 864-7953 to arrange an extension.